Wednesday 4 November 2015

Practise

After practising the make-up look for my character I have found a number of elements that I need to work on and change for the final images. 
My ideal finished look would have the characters face looking very tired and withdrawn, therefore i created bags under the eye with dark concealer and then used a dark powder to contour the cheekbones and jawline to make the face look thinner and strained. 
Unfortunately during the first practise I don't feel I did enough contouring for it to give the effect I was looking for in my final character, therefore I need to focus on this more in my next practise and the final piece.
PROSTHETIC ONE
As well as the makeup not going to plan i also struggled with my actual prosthetic. Unfortunately I didn't correctly work out how the mould would transfer from clay to the mould to the actual prosthetic so when it came to removing the prosthetic from the mould, the numbers were backwards and the numbers were sunk in rather than protruding out.
Therefore I had to mould another prosthetic from scratch. This time I worked it out correctly so the numbers ended up the right way round and they were sticking out rather than sunken in, however this time there was an issue with the prosthetic mix. When it came to applying the prosthetic ready for the shoot, I removed it from the mould but unfortunately the mix must of had too many air bubbles in it as the prosthetic had a lot of air bubbles which therefore made the quality of the prosthetic a lot poorer.
PROSTHETIC TWO
 In addition to these problems I have also had issues with the  super-baldiez for both prosthetics, with the first prosthetic  there was hardly any trace of it and with the second it ripped  close to the piece so there was not a lot to melt in to the skin. 
 As a result of all these issues I am going to have to make a  third prosthetic which hopefully I will have overcome thee  issues and will be able to produce a prosthetic of a higher  standard than the previous two. If my third attempt also has  issues than I may look into creating a symbol as the branding  mark to make the task a little less complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment