Sunday 29 November 2015

My Concept

WHERE IS THE HYBRID SUITED TOO?
My hybrid would live in the sea, being part fish it has a set of gills to enable it to breath under water, however it only has one set of gills so would stay near to the surface of the water as it would need to come up for air every so often in order to rejuvenate it's respiratory system. 

WHERE HAVE SIMILAR CONCEPTS APPEARED?
Although it was not my intention, the cross of a female human being and a fish is commonly known as a mermaid. This hybrid has appeared in an endless number of novels and films, for example one of the hugely popular Disney films 'The Little Mermaid' where the protagonist 'Arial' is a mermaid longing for human feet, or more recently and I feel a lot more compelling than a cartoon film, the fourth Harry Potter novel and film contained mermaid-like creatures that were a complete contrast to what comes to most peoples mind when you think of a mermaid. They were fierce and ugly and very dangerous, nearly taking the life of Harry Potter. However because it is a completely fictional concept there are no documentaries or factual resources regarding the hybrid. However a short 'mockumentary' was shown on the television show Animal Planet that told of how, 3 million years ago mermaids travelled in 'pods' and had to avoid giant sea predators. 







HOW HAS ANATOMY AFFECTED THE HYBRID?
Due to my hybrid being part human-female it will have many of the characteristics you would expect a woman to have, such as breasts and a waist, this will be simple for me to achieve as I am using a female model to create my hybrid so these elements, common and obvious in a female person will already be present.

MY PROSTHETIC.
My prosthetic is not going to be very big or complicated, I want to create something that is effective but at the same time is not too extravagant for the very limited experience I have in prosthetics. It is going to be quite small, as it needs to fit neatly on to the neck and enable me to blend it into the skin without any creases or bumps.



http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/mermaids/videos/mermaids/
http://howtobearedhead.com/10-ways-to-incorporate-the-little-mermaid-into-your-everyday-look/
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Lake_Merpeople_colony

No comments:

Post a Comment