Sunday 29 November 2015

Scales

I have decided to create a part human, part fish hybrid for my final hand-in, similar to a mermaid. For my prosthetic piece I was debating between attempting to make a piece that looks like scales for half of the face or whether to mould gills for the sides of the neck.
 I googled how other people may have carried out creating scales using a prosthetic on the face and found an image similar to the kind of appearance and texture I would want to achieve with my prosthetic below ...

 http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UruPV5nxQkI/TwZFHPramVI/AAAAAAAACN0/6DsLAox6qmw/s1600/silurianwoman.JPG

After experimenting with the moulding clay I don't feel I will be able to achieve great results if I make a scaled prosthetic for the face, therefore I am going to move forward with the idea of making gills for the sides of the neck. This way I can use makeup to create a scaled effect on the side of the face and it gives me more of an opportunity to experiment with what kind of makeup look I would like on the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment