Sunday 25 October 2015

An Introduction

I'm really excited about having the opportunity to complete this unit as special effects is the route I would like to go down as a career. Previous to starting the unit I had limited experience working with special effects products. Before beginning my degree at solent I completed a 5 week evening course in basic special effects makeup, throughout this course I learnt a small amount about how to create bruising and wounds using wax. However during the first year of my degree I spent a brief amount of time learning about how to use a variety of products in order to create realistic looking cuts, grazes, scars etc. 
After reading the brief for this terms special effects unit I'm expecting it to be challenging but really enjoyable. I think I'm going to enjoy having the freedom to create pieces such as the wound type and the Hybrid and then being able to look back at the final pieces and know that I was able to create them will be a massive sense of accomplishment and achievement as well as feeling one step closer to being ready for my career choice.
Despite this excitement, I am worried about how well I am going to settle in and grasp the various complicated techniques and routines that special effects make-up requires. My biggest fear would be that I would not be able to grasp the techniques or I would not enjoy the course and would then have to rethink which route I want to go down in the future as Special effects is what I have had my heart set on for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment